Wednesday 23 September 2020

Ottawa Book Award Nominee 2020!

 Bad Ideas is nominated for an Ottawa Book Award! Things are a little different this year. The ceremony on October 21st will be a video call instead of a party (though I will do my best to make it into one) and instead of reading at the ceremony, nominees were asked to make videos. A really nice person from the City of Ottawa came downtown and recorded me standing in the park near my house, reading. There were kids playing, people milling around, trucks driving by, and one persistent wasp. Buzzing around my head and then crawling all over my hand while I read. And the nice person stood six feet away with a video camera, smiling behind his mask. Bless him.

Here is the result! Pretty good, all things considered. 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm0S--VPLCY&ab_channel=OttawaRecCulture

No comments:

Post a Comment